As a Community Manager focused on the Nordic market, you lead our efforts to build and deepen meaningful, sustainable, high-impact relationships with local players and player communities, primarily around our VALORANT products and experiences. You report to the Supervisor, Brand Management, Nordics, and work with a team that’s breaking boundaries and blurring global borders by marrying high-level marketing and publishing with a genuine understanding of what excites players.
As a Northern Europe Rioter, you are part of a world-class team committed to striving to be the most player-focused game company in the world. You share our prioritisation of player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming.
- Create and execute a long-term strategy to positively impact Riot player community sentiment and engagement in the Nordics.
- Identify, support, grow, and/or kickstart Nordic-specific player communities focused on Riot’s most relevant products and experiences.
- Partner with Nordic amateur and academic grassroots competition organisers to increase Riot players’ access to organised local competitive play.
- Support the Influencer Manager, Action, for Northern Europe in their efforts to drive creator impact in the region.
- Develop, socialise, and act upon key insights about Nordic player preferences, needs, and challenges.
- Work closely with internal Brand and Marcom teams to ensure Riot community communications are culturally relevant and locally meaningful to players in the Nordics.
- You have three or more years of experience in the field of gaming or interactive entertainment and you have a deep understanding of the Nordic market. You know what Nordic players expect in a gaming community.
- Professional written and spoken fluency in at least one Nordic language.
- You have a track record of growing, building, or sustaining local/regional customer communities in a competitive product category.
- You’re passionate about play, with a special affinity for competitive online games - especially first-person shooters. When it comes to memes, slang, and trends, there is no learning curve for you.
- You have experience using data, insights, and research to make a solid case for your community plans, and you follow up on outcomes.
- You know how to work effectively within complex organisations, building trusting cross-discipline relationships and aligning your efforts with company-wide objectives.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, medical condition, political affiliation or activity, genetic information, religion, trade union membership or activity, age, sexual orientation, family status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status or characteristics. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
If you need assistance or an accommodation for this process due to a disability, please let us know.