What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The candidate will work on the OpenMP compiler in the optimizer and runtimes to implement more efficient executables for execution on the AMDGPU.
Familiarity with modern compiler internal design and implementation is desired. LLVM and/or GNU compiler background is ideal. Familiarity with OpenMP programming language highly desired.
- The candidate will help drive the implementation of optimizations for next generation GPUs.
- During the first year, the candidate will be fully up to speed and contributing to the next generation OpenMP project.
- Strong background in compilers.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Experience with wide variety of aspects of compiler and parallel programming.
- Clang/LLVM experience.
- Parallel Programming Models, Languages and Runtime Systems.
- Good understanding of GPU execution model and architecture.
- Confirmed understanding of at least one of the following languages: C++, CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMP.
- Experience with performance analysis
- Ideal candidates have worked in industry on a production compiler.
- Knowledge of C/C++ highly desired. Fortran is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Math
- MS or PhD desired
Requisition Number: 164741
Country: United States State: Tennessee City: Knoxville
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.