Composer II - League Studio, Audio Foundations
As a Music Composer, your creative and technical skills will combine to bring life through music to the broad range of characters and experiences in our games. Joining efforts with a multidisciplinary team, you’ll compose linear and interactive music for projects from their inception. Using your passion, creativity, and music production skills, you will collaborate with the music team on League Studio to deliver incredible music to our players.
As a Composer II on Audio Foundations, you will report to the Audio Director. In this role, you will collaborate with other composers as well as product owners and developers to write linear themes and interactive music for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics and Wild Rift. You will be endlessly creative and driven to level up in craft to make your ideas a reality for players. Through constant collaboration and feedback, you are always hungry to apply what you have learned to the next challenge.
- Collaborate with the Audio director to define music vision, goals and objectives that inform and support the product vision.
- Work with product leadership and producers to define and manage milestones, schedule, priorities, and work output for an entire product.
- Collaborate with sound designers, video, publishing and other teams to ensure thematic consistency across related in-game and linear products.
- Create music for linear content like trailers and other publishing materials.
- Create interactive music that supports and enhances the vision and goals of the project.
- Collaborate with Producers to identify and define external resource needs.
- Develop and execute the music vision for characters, skin-lines or other recurring features.
- Collaborate with other disciplines for effective music content delivery.
- Gather daily feedback on your content from your team and discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in music composition
- Craft expertise in music composition and production across a wide variety of genres.
- Deep understanding of the tools and techniques required for composing and producing the highest professional quality bar of music (DAW’s, Sample Libraries, Plugins)
- Knowledge of the holistic game audio process and how music can be leveraged in the interactive and linear space.
- Certificate/Bachelors in music
- Knowledge of musical precedents set in Riot’s games and media, and trends in broader gaming
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).