Concept Artist - EA SPORTS
About the Organization: EA is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with nearly 30 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite video games IP. We are assembling a team with the purpose of constructing a novel and immersive experience. This is your opportunity to join this new team that will shape the future of interactive entertainment.
About our team: We are starting a new team composed of a mixture EA/EA SPORTS and new talent from across industries. With some of the most valuable IP in the world, and the resources EA has to offer, we have access to the capabilities needed to deliver amazing new experiences for an expanded audience of players worldwide.
About the role: Concept art is the initial creation of the look, feel, and style of work from a design brief. It sets a project's tone and visual style and is a point of reference for everyone involved.
Visual storytelling is the key task of the Concept Artist. They imagine characters and worlds off the page and bring the story to life.
The role of the Concept Artist is crucial as their work will be the stylistic building blocks for the FC project. A concept artist interprets a client's design brief or expands your original idea by illustrating the key characters and environments of work. This preliminary artwork is simple but expressive as it will be developed and expanded further during the development process.
- Contribute into research concept subjects, styles & genres
- Create detailed designs from a written brief
- Present a series of drafts of the concepts for approval
- Efficiently interpret briefs
- Collaborate with the Art Directors and design team
- Use traditional & technological approaches to creating designs in either a 2D or 3D environment
- Strong drawing skills, with a specialization in concept design
- Knowledge of anatomy and zoology, costuming, physical settings and history-related references
- Knowledge of facial expression, pose, posture, gesture and movement
- Ability to draw from written briefs
- Ability to create a paint over of the environment by using base image and provided additional reference.
- Understanding of visual language - texture, color, dimension, scale, perspective, shade, composition, depth of field, proportion, spatial awareness
- Knowledge of technical drawing
- Knowledge of the game development processes
- Experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator, ZBrush, Maya and Blender.
- 1+ years of experience working on multiple video game titles or relevant concept art experience.