Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
- GAMEPLAY FIRST
- Let gameplay drive decision making
- BE ACCOUNTABLE
- Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
- PEOPLE FOCUSED
- Maintain an environment where people are happy
- EMBRACE ENTHUSIASM
- Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
- WORK SMART
- Put effort where it pays off the most
What We are Looking for:
Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Concept Artist to work on our most exciting projects yet. As a Concept Artist, you will be working closely with the Lead Artist to push the established visual style into a whole new era. The ideal candidate must have the ability to visualize themes for entire cultures of people. They can translate those themes into large rosters of characters, gear, and hardware. We are looking for concepts to define an entirely new world and to communicate ideas effectively and consistently to internal and external production teams.
What You Will Do:
- Assist team with establishing the visual style for production art.
- Work with the Art Lead to maintain consistent artistic style.
- Create 2D call-outs and other production designs for assets.
- Actively participate in artistic and technical problem solving.
- Produce a wide range of highly creative character, creature, hard surfaced and environment concept art.
- Communicate clearly with designers, artists, and programmers.
- Produce assets on schedule; meeting or exceeding team quality metrics.
Who Will be a Great Fit:
- Minimum 2 years of game industry/film experience.
- Excellent rendering and design skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt to established styles.
- Understanding of fundamental illustration skills including form, composition, perspective, anatomy, draftsmanship, distribution and purpose of detail, and color theory.
- Digital illustration skills with an advanced understanding of Photoshop (or similar software) using a Cintiq or Wacom tablet.
- Basic knowledge of 3D software as it pertains to the concept process.
- Strong mechanical design skills to apply to armor, machines, weapons, vehicles, and ships.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written with a particular focus in communicating ideas effectively to both internal and external modeling teams.
- A passion for world history and making games.
- Must have current U.S. work authorization
Named World’s #1 Developer of the Year by Game Informer Magazine in 2012, Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award-winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products.
Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016.
Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can thrive. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space. We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year.
Full time employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.