The concept artist will develop the 2D elements that will constitute the graphic representations of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the art teams as well as the production team at large.
The main and routine tasks of the concept artist are to:
- Sketch, draw and design art concepts for game design documents to make the vision of the art direction more tangible
- Create environments, characters, objects, atmospheres, and the general style to provide practical content that direct and indirect groups can capitalize on
- Conceptualize via quick sketches and digital illustrations to help the art director show the preliminary project intentions
- State ideas based on direction and the advancement of the project with screenshot paint overs and retakes of existing illustrations
- Effectively communicate visual intentions with wider teams
- Make any necessary iterations to ensure that the work is in keeping with the artistic vision
- Convey the colour pallets sought by the art director by using it in concepts
- Iterate on selected sketches by adding more detail
- Account for technical constraints and limitations to suggest realistic concepts
- Carry out all other related tasks
- Preferably with college diploma in fine arts or equivalent
- Experience in concept art, in the games industry-preferably with experience in working on highly realistic console game titles
- Knowledge of 3D software
- Architectural knowledge
- Anatomical knowledge
- Mechanical design/industrial design skills
- Knowledge of image composition
- Observation skills
- Research skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable with iterative approach
- Ability to provide and accept feedback and adapt to change
To all applicants: Kindly upload your CV and include a online portfolio link.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft Philippines is a certified Great Place to Work ™ – our people always come first. We enable our teams to succeed in the world stage, where we are proud to take part in the most ambitious projects in gaming.
As our teammate, you will receive the best training, including overseas trips, mentorships, and access to online courses and resources covered by us. The workplace will be your playground, where you can fuel your creativity with free fresh fruits and snacks in the pantry, freshly brewed coffee, soft-served ice cream, and popcorn!
Work-life balance is important to us, which is why you’ll have a flexible work arrangement during the pandemic, on top of free physical & mental health benefits and more.
Come as you are. We value diversity and representation. We empower you to launch your own initiatives with our Diversity & Inclusion council composed entirely of volunteer employees.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.