Develop artistic elements that will constitute the artistic representation of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the artistic direction of the project.
- Assist in establishing the style of the project and be a reference for all elements of art production (Environment, Character, UI etc.);
- Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and carry out revisions as required;
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of day to day tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Produce environment concept art and in-game mock ups, focusing particularly on lighting and post effects;
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
- Understand best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Effectively communicate basic visual intentions to the wider art team;
- Support the Lead Artist and/or Art Director in any related ad hoc tasks.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Strong drawing and conceptualisation skills with an ability to adapt to established styles;
- Anatomical and architectural knowledge;
- Knowledge of fundamental illustration skills including composition, perspective and colour theory;
- Good observation and research skills;
- Knowledge of form, composition, use of detail and visual story telling;
- Digital illustration skills;
- Advanced understanding of Photoshop;
- Good understanding of relevant 2D and 3D software;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce);
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in concept art or other relevant experience;
- Bachelors’ degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Experience working with a photo realistic environment.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.