Consumer Communications Manager
Twitch is the world's biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It is where thousands of communities come together for whatever, every day.
We're about community, inside and out. You'll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We're on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we're up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, and discover the projects we're solving on our Blog. Be sure to explore our Interviewing Guide and Instagram channel to learn how to ace our interview process.
About the Role
The Consumer Communications Manager will be responsible for building narratives, campaigns, and stories that promote Twitch and our amazing community.
You’ll work closely with a number of teams internally, such as Marketing and Partnerships, to develop strategic and creative plans that highlight who our streamers are, the content they create, and what they are doing across Twitch. You’ll also work closely with Marketing and Partnerships leads on thought leadership opportunities, as well as unique community engagement opportunities.
The ideal candidate is creative and self-directed with experience working on consumer-focused stories that center around talent and/or creators. You are curious about how things work and are able to bring a compelling story to life with few details. You have the ability to spot issues before they happen, can quickly and easily build trusted relationships with stakeholders, think and work cross-functionally, and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
The Consumer Communications Manager will report into the Global Head of PR.
You can work in San Francisco, CA; New York, New York; Los Angeles, CA or remotely in the U.S.
- Develop and execute consumer media strategies for Twitch and our streamers
- Craft interesting thought leadership opportunities for Partnerships and Marketing leadership
- Establish and maintain relationships with key consumer reporters
- Act as a trusted, strategic thought partner to peers
- Collaborate with US and global agency partners
- 5+ years of experience in public relations, including experience working in-house
- Strong, established relationships with a broad range of media and outlets
- Experience working with talent/creators
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment in fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous situations and environments
- Enthusiasm for Twitch and our community
- perience in entertainment, media, or user-generated content businesses a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW8175
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from our lowest geographic market up to our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.twitch.tv/jobs/en/#learn-more. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.