Consumer Product Approval Associate (Fashion & Home)
Summary of the Role
The Consumer Product Approval Associate will focus on upholding the vision and standards of the Pokémon brand. The ideal candidate will be expected to fully immerse themselves in the Pokémon brand; this ranges from playing the video and trading card games to watching the animated series and learning how each applies to products. This position will be responsible for ensuring products are accurate and true to the rules and vision of the Pokémon brand while maintaining the highest level of quality possible.
What You Will Do
- Review and approve submissions for assigned partners, ensuring that products align with brand guidelines and use only art assets provided by TPCi for the purpose of creating licensed product.
- Identify potential challenges with schedule and escalate to manager with proposed solutions.
- Help guide partners to an acceptable interpretation of the brand, as fit for their product.
- Partner with internal business partners and licensees to determine best product and character roll-out for each based on TPCi’s focus characters for the year, the licensee’s capabilities, target market, and frequency of product refreshment.
- Assist internal and external stakeholders to best represent the Pokémon brand through their products and marketing materials.
- Communicate daily with internal and/or external partners via phone, skype, or email.
- Maintain an accurate record of the development of each item from concept to approval.
- Assemble and distribute monthly reports and/or lists regarding all product approvals.
- Assist in the development of process documents, tools, and training materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Create presentations and assist with projects as needed.
- Organize and record product samples.
- Distribute new assets and information to licensees, as needed.
- Arrange and attend both on-site and offsite business meetings with licensees; some travel may be required.
- Perform other managerial and administrative duties consistent with position as assigned by manager.
What You Will Bring
- 2 years of product development experience in consumer products
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Acute attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects.
- Ability to work in a team environment and the initiative to work independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to prioritize, handle multiple projects at one time, and have excellent follow up skills.
- Must be solution-oriented and results driven.
- Eager learner who is not afraid to ask questions.
- Knowledge/understanding of product timelines, and print processes on various mediums a plus.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop is plus.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Graphic Design experience is a plus.
- Interest in animation, video games, and/or trading card games is a plus.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: Impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and demonstrate high attention to detail.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to various stakeholders. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.