Content Designer- Warzone Mobile
Job Title:Content Designer- Warzone Mobile
Content Designer, Solid State Studio
Welcome to Solid State Studios. We’re a new in-house studio within Activision, dedicated to developing the best AAA mobile games in the world. Our first project is Call of Duty: Warzone for Mobile, and we’re looking for great talent, passionate about their work, who share our belief in what AAA experiences on mobile can and should be. We’re incredibly excited to build out our
teams and get to work, and invite you to join us in making something special!
Solid State Studios is currently seeking a highly creative Content Designer for the upcoming AAA mobile game, Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile. This person will be responsible for helping to create and execute a vision for the project’s live operations, which includes crafting unique characters, weapons, narrative, and other content that will support engagement and MTX content. The perfect candidate has a passion for the Call of Duty franchise, has experience with narrative and visual storytelling, is familiar with mobile best practices and has worked in a fast paced live ops environment.
● Conceptualize characters, weapons, and other assets with an emphasis on fast ideation and creative design through the use of mood boards and written narrative.
● Work with Lead and Art Director to develop and propose new content themes and character/weapon briefs.
● Conceptualize and help write overarching narrative from release to release.
● Consistently bring creative and fresh ideas to the table that will surprise and delight our player base.
● 2 years working experience in a design role with at least one shipped product or having worked on a live ops product
● Experience designing cosmetic assets for games
● Experience with establishing narrative or visual storytelling
● Comfortable developing visuals through the use of mood boards or concept art
● Passion for playing and making video games
● A positive and self-driven attitude with the ability to be collaborative in a team environment
● Familiarity with Call of Duty IP and storylines
● First Person Shooter development experience
● Previous experience designing for mobile devices
Solid State Studio is an emerging team within Activision Publishing focusing on both publishing and live operations for Call of Duty Mobile along with our new in-house studio dedicated to the development of AAA mobile titles. Designed around the singular focus of creating the best games in our space, ours is a mobile studio like no other. Developing in collaboration with
Activision studios around the world, work on a new AAA mobile game in the Call of Duty franchise has begun. It takes the industry’s best talent to make entertainment history, and while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a driven and diverse team of people producing greatness together. We’re looking for developers from mobile and PC backgrounds passionate about their work and who believe in realizing the
potential of mobile gaming as much as we do.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 - $55.14 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.