Content Product Manager - EA SPORTS FC
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world's biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere.
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
The Live Product Manager's mission, in close collaboration with the wider Live Content Team, is to help create the most engaging and rewarding live service experience for our players. You will have a mix of strategic skills, creative instinct and analytical ability that can help create relevant plans and content strategies that benefit our players.
A Product Manager will partner directly with other Producers, Game Designers, Artists and external partners to further the growth of FC.
- Translate the weekly goals of the Live Product into an executable plan for Content Producers, by prioritizing the necessary tasks that will accomplish the desired player outcome and entering them into scope documents and workflow management systems
- Create detailed execution criteria for content offerings and messages, based on your knowledge of the game and the player while balancing this with the directional strategy from Commerce Product Managers
- Create compelling and clear, player facing descriptions for digital content in-game products
- Work with artists to generate exciting visual assets that help players interact with live content
- Translate design briefs for store and economy reward mechanisms into executable requests and manage these requests with the various partner teams
- Use analytics dashboards, game expertise and pricing data to run economy simulations and provide balanced pricing recommendations for the content each week
- Create store contents (eg: in-game purchasable packs) that will be appealing to the player base by using your knowledge of the game and analysis of player sentiment
- Create a weekly schedule that will be exciting to players, then manage the scheduling and launch of packs and content in game according to the learnings from results of the previous week
- Using merchandising techniques such as messaging, player notifications, recommendations and behavioral analytics to produce content that players enjoy over the entire title year
- Experience with games with a player first mentality.
- Minimum of 1 years of Product Management or Game Design experience required (ideally in Live Services).
- The ability to critically evaluate design, art and economy to feed into content design.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven design and decision making..
- Strong communication and writing skills, with experience preparing and presenting decks to various stakeholders.
- The ability to work in a fast paced AGILE development environment.
- Highly desirable but not essential: A football fan with an understanding of the core mechanics of FC
- Experienced in: Designing content, writing copy, campaign events and game reward features
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $130,250 - $199,400
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $120,450 - $199,400
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $147,400 - $199,400
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $120,450 - $161,750
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $120,450 - $188,600
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.