Copy of Finance Director (507)
SALARY: Competitive, depending on experience
HOURS: Monday – Friday (37.5hrs) core hours 10am – 4pm HYBRID & Flexible working
LOCATION: Newcastle or Leamington Spa Studios
HOLIDAYS: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + Christmas closure
ABUNDANCE OF BENEFITS – Pension, 5%. Life Insurance, wellbeing allowance, private Medical, 5 Free Games per annum +many more!
Do you want to work for a dynamic, people centric company? Are you looking for a company that allows you to flex your creativity and increase efficiencies?
If people and financials are your passion, we encourage you to be part of our amazing journey. Reporting to the Managing Director, whilst working closely with the Operations Director and key stakeholders, you will have overall responsibility for the company’s financial and accounting strategy, focussing on project profitability, budget /cost control and instilling a business mindset in the company. You will work to incorporate finance into all areas of the business as standard.
Your relationships will be key to your success. You will collaborate to help foster best practice and share knowledge across the group, within the studio and our UK entities, the central finance team and Studio finance teams globally.
- Management of the accounting, financial planning and procurement teams – building on the development, high performance, collaboration, and creativity of the team
- Responsible for all statutory reporting including annual returns, leading yearly audit and compilation of financial statements.
- Innovate and drive improvements to our financial processes and performance
- Responsible for monthly reporting (including payroll for 400+ employees) following strict timelines and internal policies
- Responsible for quarterly forecasting and the annual budget process, both at studio and project level.
- Responsible for producing and managing the project P&L in collaboration with business, publishing and production teams.
- Responsible for reducing our company’s internal control risks including Sapin II requirements.
- End to end management of our Video Games Tax Relief claims
- Indirect cost budget control, monthly, quarterly and yearly directly with budget holders
- Project budget controls -supporting projects on new initiatives
- Manage our procurement team to integrate them into all aspects of the company, agreeing procedures and policies, deploying new tools and introducing to all stakeholders to strengthen our cost savings and efficiencies
Skills & Experience
- Analytical and strategic thinking – ability to think outside the box.
- Strong ability to drive change, take the initiative and work towards shared goals
- Strong inter-personal skills and a great communicator
- Highly organised and able to manage conflicting priorities
- Experience working for an international company an advantage
- Management experience
- Proven experience in leading strategic changes with successful results
- Knowledge of IFRS & Local Gaap
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft and Micro Strategy an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Recognised accounting qualification i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.