Copy of IT Manager
The Engineering and Platform team is the creative powerhouse behind Ubisoft’s IT platform: a one-stop destination, offering teams access to services for leveraging clouds and infrastructure in a uniform, self-serve way. We aim to provide an on-prem cloud experience as ambitious as what leading public cloud providers like Azure are offering and our ambition has no limits!
You will be managing four to five individuals on a newly created team helping to deliver our two Kubernetes offerings: Rome Container Clusters and Rome Container Workloads. This team aims to constantly improve user experience by automating all aspects of the lifecycle of our user clusters.
- Manage a team to ensure smooth execution of IT strategy and clean rollout of projects;
- Work with the team to ensure all parts of the products are running smoothly;
- Set development priorities and find compromises according to the client's needs, schedule, and budget;
- Communicate with management within the department or other IT departments according to project needs and specificities;
- Drive the main business needs by setting objectives for the team and evaluating team members;
- Contribute to the team development, and expertise evolution, anticipate future needs, and proposes training accordingly;
- Work with the team and represent their ideas and needs to Management;
- Create an environment built on trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort;
- Communicate effectively with Product Managers to understand our client’s needs.
- Demonstrated experience managing technical IT Teams with good leadership;
- Has the ability to work with the team in order to breakdown business needs into smaller and achievable deliverables;
- Has experience with running and improving the efficiency of the day-to-day work of a development team;
- Knowledge of Container-related technologies, as well as being keen to keep up with latest technology trends and best practices in the industry;
- Experience with Agile methodology;
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, we embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive and respectful work environment for all. We know the importance of providing a pleasant interview experience, therefore if you need any accommodations, please let us know if there is anything we can do to facilitate the interview process.