Core Software Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
As part of the Windows Software Platform Group, the CQE (Component Quality Engineering) team is the quality owner of Core Kernel, Security, Multimedia, Display and Graphics Firmware components of Windows Graphics driver, and responsible for the component level of test and development support. We are looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer to join the team to drive test tools development and continuous test efficiency improvement.
• Support continuous improvement of test effectiveness and efficiency for the Window Graphics Software stack
• Lead test automation projects and provide test automation solutions to support CQE activities
• Design and develop test automation framework, scripts, applications, and reporting tools
• Drive the quality improvement of test codes/scripts across the development lifecycles by defining processes, workflows, coding standards and guidance
• Integrate CQE test automation solutions into AMD internal test infrastructures and CI systems
• Deploy and enable CQE test tools securely running on Cloud environment
• 3+ years of professional software development and test experience
• 1+ years of proven experience as development/test lead throughout the full software development and test lifecycle
• Hands-on expertise in designing and structuring software products and/or test automation solutions
• In-depth work experience in test automation framework, source code management, continuous integration, and script programming
• Familiar with application deployment and management on Cloud, such as Azure or AWS
• Experience of Windows system software development and/or graphics driver development & test a big plus
• Knowledge of GPU & CPU architectures and graphics pipeline a big plus
• Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and related software tools a big plus
• Experience on full-stack web application development a plus
• Strong problem-solving and self-development skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
Requisition Number: 177861
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.