Corp. VP, HR Business Partner (163065)
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The acquisition of Xilinx by AMD has taken place and we have an exciting vision of scaling to be the leader in high-performance and adaptive computing and make an even larger impact on the industry and the world!
As we look forward to even greater global growth and broader geographic footprint, we have reviewed our HR structures to ensure that we are fit for purpose to support and drive the business into the future.
To that end, we are excited to announce the addition of a new leadership role:
HR Regional Leader for the combined company including EMEA, Greater China, APJ and India.
Team: 5 direct reports; broader regional team of 20+ HRBPs; 8,000+ employees across EMEA, India, Greater China and APJ.
As a key member of the HR leadership team, this role is responsible for the alignment of the regional HR teams to the global HR strategy; ensures close working relationships across the HR business partner group in order to optimize a consistent and high standard of business partnering and leadership support. This role is key to enabling the HRBP group globally to drive the business forward; it requires a high level of business acumen, senior leadership credibility with cultural sensitivity and awareness ; the successful candidate must be adept at helping business leadership identify where regional/cultural differences, economic factors or employment laws may impact critical decision -making.
- Representation of the regions at HR leadership and in executive level forums; participation in the setting and driving of the global HR strategy.
- Alignment of Regional HR leadership goals with Global Strategy.
- Collective ( one team) and individual accountability of Regional HR leads for the overall success of their sites with respect to talent acquisition, engagement, retention, communication and development at all levels in partnership with the COEs.
- Drives the business through the establishment of close and critical working relationships with key senior leaders across the regions and overall business.
- Accountability for Leadership development and succession planning for critical identified regional leadership roles.
- Conduit into HR/Business leadership with respect to unique internal or external regional events that may impact the business eg talent availability, economic downturns or political unrest.
- Role model for AMD values.
- Strong communicator: both written and spoken.
- High level of global/ cultural awareness/sensitivity.
- High level of Business Acumen.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Resilient and able to change direction of self and team quickly.
- Evidence of comfort working in a matrix environment.
- High level of leadership credibility and influence both internally and externally: broad network of connections.
- Demonstrated career growth and successful HR leadership, preferably at C-Suite -1 level.
- Experience managing remote teams across geographies and cultures
- Experience working and managing within a matrix organization
Requisition Number: 163065
Country/Region/Location: Ireland State/Province: Ireland City: Dublin
Job Function: Human Resources