Corporate Counsel, Product Clearance & Compliance
Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
- Provides strategic support, legal advice, and training to cross-cultural business and development teams regarding the legal and compliance aspects of product development, launch and distribution
- Responds to legal inquiries on a variety of product clearance and compliance areas, including consumer protection, e-commerce, privacy, advertising, accessibility, export controls, warranties, and health & safety.
- Builds cross-functional relationships with business teams as well as other internal stakeholders
- Keeps current on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations
- Collaborates with legal team members to improve processes and ensures business demands are satisfied
- Develops solutions that manage legal risk in company products and services
- Reviews company activities and policies for legal compliance and adherence to domestic and foreign governmental policies and regulations
- Up to 15% travel
- Minimum four years of legal product counseling experience
- Working knowledge of the product clearance and compliance areas required to perform the job duties (e.g. accessibility, export controls, warranties, privacy, consumer protection, e-commerce, health and safety, and advertising)
- Familiarity with launching products and advising on the legal and compliance aspects of product development for electronics/consumer products
- Basic technical knowledge of video game hardware and software
- Law degree required
- Membership in the Washington State Bar Association or other comparable state qualification