CPU Core Physical Design Engineer - 162841
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
CPU Core Physical Design Engineer
We are seeking a seasoned Physical Design Leader with expertise in Microprocessor Design and Design Techniques. You are meticulous about Power, Performance and Area while balancing the business needs. This senior role will stretch you as you lead the physical design team to help create new design for AMD.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills, demonstrated through technical publications, presentations, trainings, executive briefings, etc.
- You are highly adept at collaboration among top-thinkers and engineers alike, ready to mentor and guide, and help to elevate the knowledge and skills of the team around you.
- You are experienced in leading teams of senior engineers
- Primary technical contact for your focus area
- Pro-actively works with peers in technology and design reviews
- Quantify impacts of technology issues in design reviews
- Represent the CPU Cores to executive management from a technical perspective.
- Work cross functionally across CPU Cores team to identify and assess complex technical issues/risks, and develop solutions
- Work closely with Design teams for Area and Floorplan refinement, Timing targets, Power targets
- Experience leading technical teams
- Experienced in high-speed microprocessor designs
- Ability to create new design ideas and flow
- Knowledge of current sub-micro technologies
- Solid understanding Physical Design tools and flows or custom circuit design
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Electrical Engineering Degree with 15+ years of experience preferred
Requisition Number: 162841
Country: United States State: New York City: Poughkeepsie
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.