CPU Design Verification Engineer - 162845
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
CPU Design Verification Engineer
In this position, you will perform pre-Silicon Functional Verification of next generation high performance Microprocessor designs. It involves research, design, develop, and/or test of electronic components and systemsfor semiconductor and related device manufacturing, employing knowledge of electronic theory.
We are searching for candidates who love technical challenges and are natural problem solvers. Detail orientedpeople who seek continuous improvement and thrive in an innovative environment are encouraged to apply.
- Develop and execute on verification test plans at different levels of design hierarchy including unit and full-chip environments
- Develop high level language testbench components including stimulus drivers, BFMs, behavioral models,monitors and checkers
- Develop, simulate and debug directed and random stimulus and assembly level tests to find bugs in themicroprocessor design and verify the functionality and verify conformance to the ISA
- Additional responsibilities may include:
- Develop and analyze assertions and coverage terms. Participate in technical reviews of the specifications,design and test plans. Identify and address areas of concern to meet design quality objectives.
- Work with RTL writers to resolve all simulation failures and discrepancies
- Develop tools, infrastructure, processes and flows to enable functional verification
- Document test plans and testbench component plans and drive reviews with peers and partners.
- Maintain and improve existing functional verification infrastructure and methodology.
- When presented with Silicon issues, replicate in the pre-silicon environment, and provide debug expertise toroot cause the issue and ensure complete validation
- Contribute towards and drive as needed pre-silicon and/or post-silicon verification of complex architecturaland microarchitectural features
- Drive project goals and dependencies with cross-site Architects, RTL writers, and Physical Designengineers.
- Independently develop quality, timely and cost-effective solutions
- We are looking for CPU level design verification experience with a background in Computer Architecture andexcellent coding skills. Other skills include:
- Processor pipeline and memory hierarchy.
- Hands-on work in C++ programming for either hardware modeling or testbench development or projects ofsimilar scope and complexity.
- Experience with industry standard verification testbench and IP methodology such as UVM or similar.
- Assembly language programming and Instruction Set Architecture of a current microprocessor.
- Hardware Verification methodology and techniques such as simulation, debug, coverage, formal, etc.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Scripting languages (e.g. Perl or Python or Ruby).
- MSEE, MSCE or related degree with 10+ years of experience a plus
Requisition Number: 162845
Country: United States State: New York City: Poughkeepsie
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.