CPU Methodology Design Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Are you interested in opening-up the boundaries of high-frequency and energy-efficient computing? As a part of our AMD physical design central methodology team, you can help define timing, power, and clocking methodologies for our next-generation, high-performance CPU/GPU/SOC designs. This methodology team works across AMD ranging from low power APUs up to the world’s most powerful super computers.
In this multi-functional role, you will have the opportunity to work across multiple divisions to drive physical design methodology optimizations across the entire physical design space (library/technology/flows/design). We’re looking for someone with excellent attention to detail, passion and curiosity to resolve complex issues while achieving amazing results!
Responsibilities may include a subset of the following topics:
- Drive PVT corners/ frequency targets while considering various product performance modes and guard bands
- Drive IP physical implementation recipes from synthesis to route to achieve the best performance/watt
- RTL (architecture) and PD co-development to identify bottlenecks
- Drive budgeting, measurement, analysis and tracking of power-consumption
- Establish global methodologies and best-known physical implementation recipes for optimal performance/watt across library/flow/Synthesis/P&R environment
- Drive best practices for global/local clock distribution methodologies including skew/power/jitter trade-off’s
- Create guidelines on clocking/timing/power sign-off methodologies
- Desirable candidates have an MS/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering and 4+ years of experience
Expertise in these topics would be a plus:
- Design experience in sub-micron processes
- Familiarity with CPU and or GPU architecture
- Hands on experience with power-analysis and measurement tools like Prime Power and or Power-Artist
- Experience with high performance clocking
- STA methodologies for timing closure, OCV and other advanced statistical margining techniques
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Perl/Tcl/Python
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation
- Desirable candidates have an MS/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering
- Mastery of logic, circuit design, and CAD tools for high-performance design is expected.
AMD is a government contractor and subcontractor. As required by Executive Order, our US employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s work location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by December 8, 2021. AMD will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request an exception from this requirement if you have a need for a religious and/or medical accommodation.
Requisition Number: 175464
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.