Creative Operations Senior Manager
Art School, our in-house creative team, is made up of an experienced group of graphic designers, illustrators, motion designers, and copywriters. Art School is looking for a Creative Operations Lead to oversee the planning, management, and execution of our creative projects. You will collaborate with the creative team to ensure efficient workflow management, improve processes and resources, and deliver high-quality work on time and within budget.
This role would report directly to the Creative Director.
What you'll be doing
- Oversee a team of project managers and producers and establish a new working model to ensure Art School’s resources are efficiently allocated for projects that generate impact for the team and company.
- Work with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Product, Social, and Events, to define clear priorities and goals for projects, establish timelines, allocate resources, and ensure project deliverables meet quality standards.
- Manage the process of project approvals and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure timely and effective communication throughout the project lifecycle.
- Monitor project budgets and timelines, identify potential risks and roadblocks, and develop solutions to mitigate them.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of production, including hiring and managing external vendors and partners, production logistics, contracts, and talent usage to ensure all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Negotiate budgets and production company bids to ensure the best value for our company.
- Build and maintain relationships with external vendors and partners, ensuring they deliver high-quality work on time and within budget.
What you should have
- 8+ years experience as a creative producer or similar role in a tech company or creative agency environment
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with project management tools and software, such as Asana
- A proactive, problem-solving mindset with the ability to anticipate and overcome challenges
- Must deeply understand all production elements, including but not limited to filming, photography, editing, and animation.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and technology advancements to stay ahead of the competition.
- Experience managing complex projects across multiple markets and regions, with a deep understanding of cultural nuances and differences
- Experience managing a team with the ability to inspire and motivate teams to deliver exceptional work
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $179,000 to $195,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
#LI-Hybrid #buildbelonging #LI-KS1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!