Creative Writer, FIFA
About the Job
The EA SPORTS FIFA Creative team is on the hunt for a new signing to join the team as a Creative.
We’re on the hunt for a five-star skiller at the heart of football culture who has the ability to execute the EA SPORTS FIFA voice across a variety of marketing touchpoints. As a Creative on EA SPORTS FIFA you’ll work closely with team-mates across the Creative, Brand, Strategy, Web, and Social teams to drive creative campaigns for the football and FIFA community, while also helping to create extensions that bring our biggest beats to life.
This role is an exciting opportunity to work on the world’s biggest sports video game, to join and learn from an industry-leading marketing team, and to develop your craft while leaving your mark on the World’s Game.
What our scouts are looking for:
- A skilled communicator, with proven experience of scriptwriting & concepting for social media, web, and other digital channels.
- A passion for and knowledge of all things EA SPORTS FIFA and football, with an awareness of the culture surrounding both.
- An understanding of the digital marketing landscape, emerging trends and channels, and a keen interest in social media. Understanding of TikTok-focused creative is a plus.
- Match-winning attention to detail that ensures creative is delivered on time and at quality.
- The fearlessness to ask questions and share ideas, and the initiative to turn an idea into reality.
- The creativity to craft engaging copy, and the adaptability to match it to the occasion: from a three word headline to a three page web article - and everything in between.
- Crafting and writing creative concepts & copy for a wide variety of channels including web and social, using the appropriate tone of voice for each platform.
- Assisting the global Creative team in creative concepting, building out the idea and story behind various EA SPORTS FIFA campaigns.
- Working with the global Creative team to craft social media-focused creative & extensions that broaden the reach of EA SPORTS FIFA marketing campaigns.
- Working with cross functional partners with concepting & scriptwriting to bring the story and narrative behind marketing campaigns to life across internal and external channels.
- Supporting the creation of the EA SPORTS FIFA activations, and working closely with cross functional teams to ensure we are amplifying our creative to make the biggest impact in culture.
- 2+ years experience of creative concepting, copywriting or social media management.
- A strong understanding of integrated brand marketing campaigns.
- A love of all things football and EA SPORTS FIFA, and the culture surrounding both.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, whether in copy written for external channels or in ideas pitched to the wider team.
- The ability to take on feedback and adapt creative concepts to deliver quality work.
- The ability to deliver high-quality creative in a fast-paced manner to hit deadlines.
- The desire to learn and grow at the heart of one of the biggest brands in the world.
- Graphic design or art direction portfolio, as well as a familiarity with FIFA, are all a big bonus
About EA SPORTS FIFA
At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile. Innovation, passion, and teamwork are at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne, we’re looking for the brightest talent, so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. This is an opportunity to join the EA SPORTS FIFA MARCOM team and work on football 24/7.