Customer Experience Associate (Bilingual - Japanese)
We're a group of Customer Experience superheroes here at Discord, and we're looking for someone who is equally passionate about supporting others with that extra bit of care and problem-solving magic. You will need to have epic levels of empathy and unwavering patience as they troubleshoot diabolical technical issues. This includes helping our users to slay set-up stumpers, outwit overlay obstacles, pulverize permission problems, and much more.
Reporting to our Associate Manager, you'll be on the frontlines of supporting our communities, listening to their feedback, and sharing these insights with other teams to help make the Discord experience the best that it can be. If you're looking for a supportive support team, join us!
What you'll be doing
- Weekly Schedule:
- Tuesday - Saturday: 3 PM - 12 AM PT
- Provide accurate, and thoughtful responses to our users' requests through all of our support channels
- Help educate and provide useful troubleshooting steps for technical issues that our users face on the desktop, browser, iOS, and Android versions of our app
- Identify and escalate issues to ensure rapid response to latest trends and opportunities
- Monitor user sentiment and provide relevant feedback to our teams
- Participate in social media efforts and messaging, and keep a finger on the pulse of our Japanese community
What you should have
- A cover letter. This one is important, don't skip it! We want to hear from you what motivates you, any previous experience you would like to highlight and why would you like to join Discord
- Bilingual in English and Japanese
- Experience with support ticketing applications (e.g. Zendesk)
- Passion for supporting our users with unwavering patience and empathy
- Technical skills with knowledge of desktop and mobile operating systems
- Passion for building communities and belief in our mission at Discord
- Prior customer service experience
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Familiarity with social media management tools (e.g. Sprinklr/Hootsuite)
- Previous exposure in supporting web applications
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $68,000 + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $54,400 + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
#buildbelonging #LI-Hybrid #LI-TM1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!