Customer Service Associate
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, PGA2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, and WWE2K.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Our Customer Service Associate is responsible for handling 2K’s highest level of service issues to ensure our customers' escalations are resolved in an effective and timely manner. You provide knowledge and expertise to Tier 1 and Tier 2 Customer Service Representatives, while successfully resolving any service-related issues. Reports to the Lead and/or Customer Service Manager.
- Be the escalation point for customer service issues escalated from external support staff
- Deliver timely, accurate, and respectful follow up to customer questions and issues
- Build deep knowledge of 2K products
- Have in depth knowledge of troubleshooting on PC as well as PlayStation and Microsoft consoles
- Take ownership of Customer Service incidents and work to successfully resolve them
- Interact effectively with customers and internal developers
- Escalate issues as needed
- Assist in generating training materials and customer facing documentation
- Become the subject matter expert for Tier 1 and Tier 2 representatives
- Work closely with customer service associates
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Technically proficient with PC’s and various gaming consoles
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Office Suite and G Suite
- Basic understanding of source control
- Ability to quickly learn customer service based tools and techniques
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18 years and above
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience
- Proficient in Windows and MS Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of current video game platforms and related hardware
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with 2K teams and our customers
- Reliable and can be counted on to work all scheduled shifts
- Capable of working any mandatory overtime; which can occur during the work week, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally/with assistance
- Previous customer support experience in an online environment
- Familiarity with Zendesk, helpdesk software or issue/bug tracking tools
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.