Customer Technical Program Manager
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Customer Technical Program Manager
Our team plays a major role in shaping customer experience with datacenter accelerator solutions in HPC and AI space. We are seeking a seasoned Sr. Customer Technical Program Manager to drive end-to-end execution of business-critical, multidisciplinary customer programs. We expect you to thrive in an agile and forward-thinking environment where you are required to constantly balancing between quality, execution speed, and process. You must have a consistent track record of working directly with HPC/AI customers, server OEM partner(s), and/or other relevant component manufacturers. You will be working across diverse groups of business development, product managers, internal HW/SW development teams, and customer support engineering groups to efficiently manage and drive customer deliverables. A desire for high-level planning, critical thinking, and customer-facing experience is the cornerstone for this role.
Success will depend on an excellent program management skills, exceptional executive report and communication level, and remarkable ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. The role requires a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly. You are a conduit between customer and internal stakeholders with a solid understanding of Data Center technologies such as Servers, CPUs, memory, interconnect, networking, and storage.
- Strong Data Center & Cloud Services Enterprise solutions integration experience, from evaluation/proof-of-concept to design/development/qualification/validation, through customer acceptance and start of service.
- Implement and craft project plan thru scoping the project, identifying, and assembling the core support team, formally kicking off the project with customers, developing a joint project schedule, supporting the design-in effort by providing technical collateral/tools, leading engineering design reviews, ensuring the implementation of any customer-required features, driving resolution of any blocking issues/bugs, and ensuring timely production deployment.
- Translation of customer requirements into specific tasks and assignment of those tasks to relevant functional areas should come second nature to you.
- Collecting, prioritizing, tracking, and driving customer-reported issues to resolution/closure is a key focus of this role.
- Clearly and thoughtfully communicate issue status to the customer and to internal senior executive teams.
- Work closely with engineering, operations, quality, product management, and sales teams to resolve technical and logistical issues, set correct expectations and keep the scope of the projects on a track to successful execution
- Effectively organize and lead complex technical engineering-to-engineering (hardware and software) discussions
- Correctly represent the urgency of issues and raise them (internally and/or externally) as appropriate
- Regularly communicate executive level program report status and key issues to management.
- Develop a close working relationship with customer development teams and use creativity to find solutions to their issues
- BS/MS Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 7+ years in a high-tech electronics industry with a focus on Data Center & Cloud Services Enterprise deployments.
- Experience and therefore deep customer savvy born of running significant and complex server engagement programs, especially with strategic customers with large datacenter deployments
- Strong technical savvy, including server development and datacenter qualification/deployment
- Supreme leadership skills across broad and diverse functional teams
- Experience leading global projects
Ways to stand out:
- Strong experience on customer facing programs for large Datacenter development with ambitious timelines and/or constrained resources.
- Comfortable defining and implementing complex program with intimate understanding of dependencies, critical paths, key and critical landmarks, and results. Knowledge of GPU technologies, HPC, or AI ecosystem is a plus.
- Consistent record of handling multiple customers and customer programs across worldwide geographies and time zones
- Bachelor's degree in EE, CE, or CS; PMP certification a plus, but not required
- Skilled in MS Office & MS Project tool suites, Confluence, JIRA, MS Teams, MS SharePoint
Austin, TX (Hybrid, Remote)
Requisition Number: 182542
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Other Engineering
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.