At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for talented Data Analyst who possess a passion for Game Analytics. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Player Insights & Analytics team provides insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We work together with a number of departments to design and implement data and pipelines.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data pipelines, data products, data models, reports, analyses and machine learning applications.
- Analyze, synthesize, and interpret product and player data to determine observations and trends.
- Monitor and maintain the health of our dashboards, data sources, and data collection systems.
- Collaborate with game and development teams to ensure that the implementation of metrics corresponds to the observed values.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of the data collection systems.
- Drive requirements for data collection and for data modeling with data engineers.
- Document new and modified data sources, tables, fields, reports, and dashboards.
- Minimum 4+ years in a similar position or a position requiring data preparation, data validation, and report building and monitoring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field.
- SQL knowledge and hands-on experience is a must.
- Demonstrated analytical ability, problem-solving skills, and entrepreneurial spirit in a results-oriented environment.
- Expertise, aptitude, or prior background understanding complex and large data sets.
- History of seeking and acting on opportunities to improve data documentation, upgrade processes and reports, or increase data quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Strong team spirit and dynamic team player.
Please note these are desired skills and not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Hadoop and/or Impala.
- Advanced SQL skills, programming experience, fluency in R and/or Python.
- Experience with statistical techniques and big data.
- Basic understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concepts, and database documentation.
- Game industry experience and passion for Rockstar Games strongly preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.