Data Analyst, Growth & Insights
Data Analyst, Growth and Insights
Who we are:
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are proud to publish and support many of today’s most critically acclaimed gaming franchises, including NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, XCOM and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
We are looking for a skilled and passionate analyst to join us in the growing global 2K Analytics group, based in London and with the remit to influence at a global level.
Whilst this person will report to a manager in London, their immediate team will include colleagues based around the globe - Singapore, USA and Ireland – providing a broader perspective on trends and insights.
Our team work closely with 2K’s regional marketing, finance, commercial, and sales teams, understanding and delivering against their analytical needs. We’re able to do this by leveraging the power of our multi-dimensional datasets, which include, but are not limited to, gameplay, behavioural, financial and marketing data.
By working alongside a variety of departments, we have the advantage of being able to see the whole picture, and to make connections that others may not have been able to see by fusing data with business knowledge.
The right candidate will harness all of this powerful data to improve our understanding of the business and its drivers on a regional and territory-level to inform our business strategy, tactics and outcomes. Success in this role means making analytics relevant and impactful for our stakeholders.
You are a structured problem-solver and data-driven decision maker. You work very well with colleagues across functions, geographies, and skillsets to contribute to some larger goals. You love to tell a thoughtful story from data and insight, with clear “so what’s” while seeking and incorporating feedback from stakeholders. You enjoy working out how to structure ambiguous and complex problems
- Analysing telemetry and sales data to extract compelling and actionable business insights and communicate your findings and recommendations with various stakeholders.
- Evaluate and identify opportunities and challenges with customer, business, and market/industry trends along with implications for internal processes and investments
- To provide expert advice on the structuring, running and measurement of test and learn trials to maximise insight and – ultimately - revenue. These will be focussed on retail led promotions and marketing activity to drive profitable new & returning players, and you’ll be responsible for creating the analysis that allows us to compare what happened vs. what would have happened.
- To develop new and insightful ways of breaking apart the components of our promotional and content offers and assessing the incremental impact those have, and on whom they have an impact.
- Understand data science model outputs. Evangelize data- and model-based decision making.
- Prototyping and supporting the business with regular performance reports and dashboards, built in conjunction with the BI team.
- Build relationships across geographies, functions, and levels to embrace new ways of working and leverage existing ones.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- 3+ experience in fast-paced, dynamic, consumer-focused technology companies.
- 2+ years of experience with business and strategic analytics, and/or FP&A.
- Comfortable in using SQL to extract data from large databases (Snowflake experience would be a plus).
- Familiarity with other analytical packages, such as R, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with ML algorithms and model building is desirable (Snowflake experience would be a plus).
- Good analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to pull out the key stories in your analysis and present them in a digestible way.
- Familiarity with visualisation tools & libraries, eg. Tableau, PowerBI, etc
- Demonstrable experience in an optimisation environment (e.g. CRM, web optimisation, etc) and ability to design and evaluate tests.
- Comfortable with working reasonably independently (reflecting the multi-time-zone nature of the wider team).
- Video games industry experience is a plus.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high-quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise. 2K is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2k.com