Data Center and Embedded Systems Solution Architect - 149263
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Data Center and Embedded Systems Solution Architect
AMD is searching for engineering talent to set and drive the future systems-level vision and technical requirements for AMDs Data Center and Embedded Systems Group (DESG). These individuals will join a team of seasoned system engineers spanning hardware and software, from node level to rack level design, from BIOS and security to cloud-native cloud computing, from memory technologies to high-performance fabrics, from 5G to Automotive to Server/Storage, Cloud and more. The DESG Architecture and Strategy team goal is to inform and influence AMD's leading SOCs, optimized for the vision of the future, via collaboration with internal stakeholders, customers, end-users, and strategic partners.
Ideal candidates will have broad and deep system technology backgrounds, experience developing, influencing, and collaborating on strategy. Ability to translate workload/application trends to system and SOC implications across the entire HW and SW stack.
- Ability to translate highly technical concepts into actionable plans.
- Ability to drive hands-on proof of concepts to collect data and facts.
- Exceptional communication skills to address multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Skill in analyzing tradeoffs and making analytical, fact-based recommendations that have a substantial technical, business, and financial impacts.
- Ability to guide product definition using credible insights developed by interacting with end customers, ISVs/IHVs, and strategic partners.
- Ability to build relationships with strategic customers and partners to ensure that AMD enterprise and embedded products are built to match the evolving needs of the market.
- Collaboration skills to engage a team of engineering, product management and business development professionals to achieve outstanding business results.
- Drive workload and application-level strategies internally and with industry partners / ecosystem
- Partner with SoC design teams in providing a unified and clear platform / system level vision to influence AMDs SoC roadmap.
- Drive reference platform requirements and partner with engineering on balance of internal / external execution.
- Represent AMD datacenter system level vision in industry consortiums, events, and strategic partnerships.
- Work with OEMs, end customers, ISV/IHV partners to drive workload and use case plans that facilitate joint roadmap definition.
- Desired candidates will have experience in some of the areas below:
- Modern application development and profiling
- HPC, AI, HCI, Big data, Data base, Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, FaaS…
- K8S, Cloud-native, AL Frameworks, HPC stacks, OpenSource
- Modern programming languages, scripting, tools, compilers
- Operating systems, device drivers, virtualization
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Austin, Texas or Cary NC
Requisition Number: 149263
Country: United States State: North Carolina City: Morrisville
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.