Data Engineer, Ads
Unity powers over half of all the world's games and over two thirds of VR and AR products. We put the most creative tools in the hands of millions of developers and artists through our foundational principle of Democratization of Development. We are hard at work integrating progressive monetization systems deep into the core of Unity's engine. Combining data from over a billion players with sophisticated deep learning technology and in-house proprietary analytics. The goal: to make our customers more successful and their consumers happier.
We are seeking a Data Engineer who will join a team focusing on building the next generation of Unity's Ads suite. Unity Ads enables developers to build a business through advertising, and in-app purchases. You are someone who is passionate about system scalability, performance, and processing big volumes of data. In addition, the system's functional requirements also drive us towards the use of rule engines and machine learning.
What you'll be doing
- Develop, and maintain scalable data pipelines to ensure data integrity, monitoring, and lineage, handling large-scale daily event processing in our data lake and data warehouse
- Design and implement reusable systems for extracting, transforming, and loading data from diverse sources into centralized data lakes and reporting warehouses
- Continuously improve data quality, workflow reliability, and scalability by exploring and implementing pioneering technologies and solutions
- Collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders to drive key business initiatives and deliver data-driven solutions
- Establish and promote engineering standard methodologies and patterns across teams
What we're looking for
- Proficiency in modern data stack tools like Airbyte, DBT, Soda, BigEye, and Airflow for data ingestion, transformation, quality, orchestration, and cloud data warehouses like BigQuery or Snowflake
- Deep understanding and experience with time-series data storage solutions such as Druid/Imply, as well as building high-performance, distributed systems using technologies like Kafka, Spark, and Flink
- Ability to work with end-to-end solutions involving service integration, data preprocessing, machine learning models, and data presentation
- Familiarity with major cloud providers like GCP, AWS, or Azure
You may also have
- Strong expertise in GitHub Actions, Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes for automation and orchestration within dynamic infrastructure
- Proficient in Python and familiarity with one or more additional programming languages like Java or Go
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.