Your life at Ubi
As a Data Engineer that will join the Data Drive Team, one of the first missions will be to become familiar with an existing ETL solution for managing core Common Dimensions.
The objectives are to assure the solution’s correct functioning, identify ways to optimize it and make it evolve according to needs while always focusing on data value and quality.
Also, you will participate to other team’s projects while expanding your knowledge and skills.
This solution is part of a platform, currently relying on the following technologies:
- Snowflake for Data Warehousing
- A custom, internal ETL framework
- MicroStrategy and Tableau as official analytics platforms
Your main mission
- Develop and maintain ETL jobs and related Data Warehouse models/ objects/ systems
- Test implemented solutions and analyze potential data quality issues to determine the root cause
- Ensure that formal documentation is produced for all developments
- Be a relay for all IT and Business partners, promoting our products and evangelizing best practices related to data usage and consumption
The professional value you bring
- Experience/ exposure to Data Warehouse design and development using any major RDBMS (e.g.: Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google Big Query, Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience/ exposure on writing SQL code to support ETL processes on any major RDBMS
Nice to have
- Experience with data orchestration tools (Apache Airflow, Dagster, etc.)
- Experience in logical and physical data modeling using Entity Relationship Diagram methodology (Erwin, Idera, etc.)
- Contact with data engineering, source code management and DevOps (Gitlab, Docker) is a plus
- Understanding of Visualization tools (Tableau / MicroStrategy / Power BI, others)
- Been exposed to implementation of data stewardship, including master data management
- Professional training in computer science, computer engineering, or relevant field
The personal value you bring
- Willingness working with solution architects and engaging non-technical stakeholders
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to multitask, work on multiple projects and perform on tight deadlines
- Quality and results orientation
- Good team players, able to accept constructive criticism and give feedback
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.