Fandom is growing! We are looking for a Data Engineer II to grow our Data Warehouse and ETL Infrastructure. This position is for you if you are passionate about scaling entertainment and gaming websites with 350 million unique users per month, billions of pages views, and hundreds of billions of events. You will report to our senior manager of data engineering. We are open to this position working remotely in Poland or if you prefer hybrid in our Poznan office.
Why Fandom Engineering?
- You work at SCALE - 300K databases supporting our wiki communities
- Your code goes to production with mature and fast processes
- The team is collaborative with experienced engineers
- You get to solve interesting and difficult problems
- Our foundations are from from Wikipedia and Wikia
- Work and define our projects to improve our data infrastructure
- Collaborate with our experienced data engineering team on data flows
- Support the data science team with productization of machine learning models
- 3+ years of data engineering experience
- Python and SQL coding
- Create and troubleshoot the AWS stack (e.g. EMR, IAM, VPC, Lambda, CloudWatch, Athena, Redshift, EC2)
- BigData processing technologies (Spark, Hive, Flink, Hue)
- Infrastructure as a code solutions (Terraform)
- Passion about growing your expertise in the following areas:
- Data Pipelines
- Data Warehousing
- Metrics Development
- Containerization technologies (Docker)
- Experienced in K8S solutions
Benefits and Perks
- Premium private medical and dental healthcare for you, your partner, and your family - it is fully paid by Fandom
- Private life insurance - UNUM - includes medical child assistance and general medical assistance in Poland
- Stock options
- Cafeteria Benefit Plan - 180 points every month to spend on Multisport or cinema tickets or prepaid shopping cards (Allegro, Zalando, IKEA +)
- Copyright % based on your level
- MacBook Pro and all the gear you need for work
Fandom is the world's largest fan platform where fans immerse themselves in imagined worlds across entertainment and gaming. Reaching more than 315 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is an equal opportunity employer. Fandom values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.