As a Data Engineer, you will develop robust data pipelines processing millions of in-game data points daily using Big Data technology. You will collaborate closely with our data engineers/analysts/scientists and the Ubisoft data platform team, ensuring efficient and reliable processing of the information collected. Your role is essential in our video games' development and maintenance life cycle. Deriving insights from data will help our production teams deliver a better experience to our players.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In three months:
- You will be familiar with the global services, tools, and processes used to collect in-game data at large at Ubisoft;
- You will be familiar with the actual ETL pipelines put in place by our teams to derive in-game metrics at Ubisoft Singapore;
- You will understand essential business metrics for AAA games and how that impacts our pipelines.
In six months:
- You will be maintaining and monitoring our ETL pipelines to ensure high data availability;
- You will have implemented flows to capture new information;
- You will have contributed to our web platform by working alongside our web developer to provide easy access to our data;
- You will have built a solid relationship with our data analysts and worked alongside them to deliver insights timely.
In twelve months:
- You will work with the global Ubisoft Data Platform team to keep our practices up to date;
- You will have improved the efficiency and scalability of our data pipelines by implementing the latest recommended tools and methodologies;
- You will have implemented monitoring and testing tools to react quickly when our complex flows break due to changes.
After this period,you will be able to:
- Have a very strong understanding of Ubisoft data ecosystems;
- Make changes to our data pipelines autonomously to improve their efficiency, scalability and usability;
- Deploy new tools to make your life easier and ensure high availability;
- Have an effective work relationship with all teams mentioned and contact them as needed;
- Become the gatekeeper of Ubisoft Singapore data pipelines
- Up to 2 years experience in a related field (gaming, advertising, analytics, technology, data, or business intelligence) or Master's degree in Software Development and/or Data Engineering-related field
- Very good understanding of Data Warehouses
- Proficient in writing efficient SQL queries
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Python preferred)
- Culturally flexible and enjoy working and communicating with teams from across different countries
- Work experience with Big Data ecosystems (Spark, Hive, Airflow, etc.)
- Experience with containerization (docker)
- Familiarity with Linux system administration
- Familiarity with a version control system (git)
- Interest in gaming
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.