Data Scientist [Game Intelligence]
We\'re looking for a Data Scientist to join our Game Intelligence Department and to help us continue exploring how advanced data processing solutions can contribute making better games within our world class videogame studio, supporting projects like James Cameron\'s Avatar and Star Wars.
Are you ready to use your craft & art of data science to create insights which will potentially impact millions of players world-wide?
As a Data Scientist at Massive you’ll be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining statistical learning models (notably AI/ML models), together with corresponding data pipelines, data analysis and performance monitoring tooling. You will be highly involved into use case definition & refinement, as well as stakeholders management – your ability to see the big picture, while being focused on production needs, will be a key asset for the team. In the position, you will primarily collaborate with other Data Scientists, Data/MLOps Engineers, Game Analysts, User Researchers, Games Lab Moderators, Ubisoft tech providers, understanding the needs and proposing robust data science solutions to business requirements in a complex technical environment.
Some of the areas you\'ll be focusing on are:
- Supporting the game production data-based tooling needs;
- Developing tools and models to personalize and improve the players experience;
- Obtaining a better understanding of our players journey and in-game behavior;
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Design, implement, optimize, deploy and maintain statistical learning models (notably AI/ML models), based on business needs. Improve performance of pre-existing ones, managing their re-engineering and smooth transitioning.
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand & refine the business needs. Derive data science goals, success metrics and tasks. Loop back learnings and feedback from stakeholders proactively to drive your projects.
- Define, implement and maintain ETLs, that assemble large & complex datasets from heterogeneous data sources.
- Perform Exploratory Data Analysis on datasets, derive actionable insights for stakeholders and improve data quality for further processing’s.
- Build prototypes in controlled environments and data. Perform quick iterations with stakeholders to improve, aiming for their productization.
- Contribute to defining and implementing best practices in terms of infrastructure, deployment pipelines, CI/CD tools, code quality, unit tests.
- Documenting processes, modeling steps, ETLs, reports, and tools, within the centralized dept documentation repository.
What you’ll bring
As our next Data Scientist you’re a subject matter specialist, fluent in a variety of data science frameworks and technologies, are passionate about video games, and are motivated by the success of the team through high-quality deliveries and support. You are curious by heart and thrive in finding new possible ways and solutions to enhance your work. We also believe that you are strong in creating trustful relations with your stakeholders and with a communicative finesse!
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proven work experience in Data Science and/or research work, with a wide range of machine learning algorithm types (e.g. supervised & unsupervised learning,recommendation systems, sequence modelling, reinforcement learning);
- Proficient in Python, SQL;
- Strong analytic skills and video game data domain curiosity;
- A master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning, a similar field, or the equivalent work experience;
- Experience working within the game development industry.
It would be great if you also have:
- A PhD in computer science;
- Knowledge in user research and/or biometrics.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative, and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We\'re also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft\'s digital ecosystem and distribution platform. All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.