Datacenter Domain Sr. Program Manager
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
Datacenter Domain Sr. Program Manager
The requisition is for a Domain Sr. Program Manager role in Datacenter GPU Systems Engineering Organization. This individual will be responsible for end-to-end support of AMD’s accelerator products, from post-GA to End-of-Life. Responsibilities include driving the execution of post product launch endeavors where different deliverables are coming from different engineering functions across AMD. These multidisciplinary teams will be comprised of post-Silicon validation engineering, BIOS development, chief engineering, board operations, driver development, use-case validation, quality, yield product engineering, business operation, customer engineering etc. With keeping the big picture view of end-to-end program plan and execution, you are expected to coordinate dependencies among different engineering teams to make sure all the intermediary milestones are being met and execution remains on track. Success of the program will be defined as meeting or beating the scope, schedule and spend of the program.
The applicant must be a team player with a strong ability to build rapport with multi-tiered stakeholders, a commitment to meeting deadlines, and an aptitude to thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Primary support contact in sustaining for internal stakeholders
- Foster relationships and manage customer expectations to ensure needs are aligned with AMD business goals and revenue objectives
- Maintain awareness of, and provide status reports on, program schedule, status, and key issues
- Identify program risks and develop mitigation plans
- Manage customer critical issues and escalations
- Manage customer sampling requirements in development
- Align with AMD cross-functional teams (Business Unit, Sales, Engineering) on customer engagement, with emphasis on driving technical enablement/communications, technical support, and debug/issue resolution
- 7+ years of experience in program management
- Experience driving product development with hardware platforms and related software ecosystem.
- Well-versed with different project management tools
- Good breadth and strong technical knowledge (SoC, BIOS, Platforms, SW, Tools, Manufacturing) and experience in overall product stack and not just limited to silicon.
- Excellent communication skills. Excellent skills of managing up with right set of data/reports to executives for visibility and decision making.
- Ability to align, resolve conflicts and build consensus among parties working towards the final goal.
- High sense of urgency and drive for results.
- Relentless focus on customer satisfaction.
- Experience in creating and deploying processes for efficiency and scalability
- Experience working in a multi-site and multi-cultural environment
- The ability to objectively analyze information, synthesize data, and draw a rational conclusion
- Highly organized, able to prioritize, and juggle multiple work streams to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication and expertise in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams)
- Seasoned in leveraging MS Project, Excel, Share Point, Teams for clear communication and coordination of work.
- Ability to network quickly and independently to align resources towards a common goal.
Ways to stand out:
- Strong understanding of the general silicon engineering process, from concept to tape-out to production
- Proven track record of enabling several NPI programs resulting in successful products.
- Comfortable defining and implementing complex program with intimate understanding of dependencies, critical paths, key and critical landmarks, and results.
- Knowledge of GPU technologies, HPC, or AI ecosystem is a plus.
- BS in EE, CE, or CS
- PMP certification is a nice to have
Austin, TX (remote, hybrid)
Requisition Number: 182723
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Other Engineering
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.