Deep Learning Library GPU Software Development Engineer (147445)
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Deep Learning Library GPU Software Engineer
AMD is looking for an individual to join a hardworking team developing Deep Learning and High-Performance Computing GPU kernels on the AMD Radeon Open Compute (ROCm) platform (https://github.com/ROCmSoftwarePlatform) and MIOpen, AMD's Deep Learning primitives library which provides highly-optimized implementations of different operators.
The successful person will be an experienced GPU-compute programmer with experience in LLVM or related compiler optimization, and an eye towards hardware-aware performance optimizations.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for writing high-performance GPU kernels for AMD’s Machine Learning and Deep Learning Library: MIOpen (https://github.com/ROCmSoftwarePlatform/MIOpen)
- They will be porting and optimizing algorithms for new GPU hardware.
- Perform code reviews, build unit tests, author detailed documentation related to their work, and work with on-site and off-shore teams to deliver the software solutions on schedule.
- They will play a key role in all phases of the software development including system requirements analysis, coordinating feature design and development across functional and organizational boundaries.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++; experience with CUDA programming and CUTLASS preferred.
- Extensive experience with LLVM or related compiler optimization for algorithm deployment on GPUs.
- Knowledge of Computer Architect and GPU architect.
- Knowledge of BLAS operators such as GEMM and algorithm implementation on GPUs.
- Experience using version control software such as Git.
- Strong understanding of Linux internals, Servers, and Debugging.
- Basic knowledge of software development lifecycle, SW practices including debugging, test, revision control, documentation, and bug tracking.
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work independently and within complementary teams.
- Demonstrate flexibility, strong motivation, and a proven track record of meeting results-oriented deadlines.
- Knowledge with deep neural network machine learning technologies and modern machine learning programming frameworks.
- Experience working with and developing virtualization containers and package managers for code deployment.
Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related subjects, or equivalent experience
We are interested in candidates across the UK
Requisition Number: 147445
Country: United Kingdom Province: Buckinghamshire City: Milton Keynes
Job Function: Design