Desgn Verification Engineer - Shader graphics - 180181
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Desgn Verification Engineer - Shader graphics
About the Group
It is a group responsible for Shader (SIMD processor) Design and Verification for GPGPU’s targeted for products in various form factors beginning with handheld devices, discrete graphics cards , all the way to compute servers for data centers.
About the role
The Shader (SIMD Processor) team is looking for sharp and motivated Design Verification Engineer interested in verification of Graphics products. You will work and learn some of the industry’s cutting edge micro architectural designs and be responsible for verification of new design features and architectural enhancements.
The candidate we are looking for is a keen learner and ready to take on tasks that contribute towards efficient design verification and improve the quality of the products. The ideal candidate is continuously thinking of ways to improve efficiency and performance.
· Verify sophisticated design blocks in complex SV/UVM and C++ verification environments
· Develop and execute pre-silicon verification test plans
· Develop directed and random verification tests to validate block and IP functionality
· Develop verification components and tools
· Develop verification functional coverage using industry standard coverage analysis tools/methods
· Debug regression fails
· Replicate functional issues found in external environments or post-silicon; review, improve tests to verify bug fixes
· Requires very strong understanding of computer architecture.
· Experience with System Verilog and UVM.
· Experience with C++, Verilog, Perl, and debugging with Verdi
· Proven technical expertise in functional verification.
· Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a cross-site team environment.
· Course work or experience working on Shaders in GPU subsystems or SIMD processors.
· Bachelors or Master’s in electrical/electronic engineering.
Preferred location is Santa Diego; remote work with occasional travel to our Santa Diego office will be considered
Requisition Number: 180181
Country: United States State: California City: San Diego
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.