Design Director - League, LoL Leadership
As a Director of Game Design on League of Legends, you’ll lead a group of passionate designers as we set up League of Legends for its next 10 years, reporting to the Executive Producer for League of Legends. You’ll partner with discipline leads across development to ensure a well managed and staffed discipline, that designers have well supported growth, and that craft execution meets or exceeds our extremely high standards. You’ll make significant contributions to wider Design Department processes and rituals. You’ll also help mentor designers in management roles across LoL Inc.
- Leading the Design Discipline of League of Legends, including direct management of a significant proportion of design leadership on League of Legends
- Ensuring design craft standards are upheld across League of Legends
- Ensure the health of Narrative across League of Legends, especially focused on ensuring sustainable management chains and cross product communication to maintain alignment with Riot’s IP strategy.
- Translate product vision from the game director into best in industry design practice and player outcomes with constant oversight to ensure results.
- Mentor design leads, grow their careers, and seek opportunities that help them develop their goals. This includes some mentorship of design leads on other League Studio games
- Seek high quality designers and staff them against the needs of the game.
- Contribute to Design Department processes and rituals, leveling up our approach to things like recruiting, performance assessment and knowledge sharing
- Collaborate with other discipline leads, build strong relationships across disciplines.
- Represent and advocate for the design discipline both internally to other teams and externally to players.
- Build positive relationships across other teams at Riot in shared gameplay spaces
- 8+ years of experience in game design roles in game development.
- 5+ years of experience as a leader in a game design organization (i.e. Lead Designer, Design Director, Game Director, Head of Design, Creative Director, etc.)
- Experience working as a developer on a team based PVP game
- Experience in managing a significant team of designers
- Demonstrated and substantial experience recruiting new designers
- Experience working in a “games as a service” environment.
- 12+ years of experience within the games industry
- Experience managing managers
- Strong knowledge and intimate understanding of the League of Legends game experience and what approaches to design best meet its players’ needs
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.