Design Team Lead (Narrative) [New IP] (512)
As a Design Team Leader, you’ll thrive on developing a team that can produce high-quality content for the Narrative of a game. Your communication skills will be key to project management and delivering key results.
To you, it's about caring for your people, driving performance and leading in complexity. You’re an effective leader who values, guides and mentors your team to success, through your vast knowledge and experience. You are a natural problem solver, who can multi-task and optimise the whole Narrative process with a highly efficient approach.
You recognise that this role is not about narrative writing, but as a Manager of designers, it will be important to guide your staff on gameplay deliverables, such as tone, voice, theme and style.
As our next Design Team Lead at Ubisoft, you will keep the endgame in focus as you drive the production of a brand-new IP AAA game. Clearing the road and building bridges across disciplines will keep the design moving from conception to completion.
What you'll bring
At Ubisoft, we aim to be a destination of choice for the best talent. We want people like you, who will be instrumental in driving our studios to success.
- Experience of leading a team of Designers (ideally 4+ reports).
- Understanding of non-linear narrative systems and structures.
- Knowledge of GaaS and/or open-world games.
- Significant involvement in a published/released product, ideally in gaming.
Joining Ubisoft, you’ll be part of an inclusive global brand. With us, you will build upon your ongoing success and place your stamp on the production of our games and the development of our people. You’ll have the prestige of developing and producing exciting world-class AAA games and help showcase our studios as a market leader within our industry.
With us, you will find your future in one of the strongest knowledge bases in the games industry coupled with brilliant opportunities for career progression on a critically acclaimed brand portfolio.
What we'll provide
We put our people first through nurturing their creativity and wellbeing and the reason we continue to create engaging and compelling AAA titles that are loved across the world.
- Everything you need to keep your life in balance - hybrid working, flexible core hours, 25 days of annual leave, Christmas shutdown, and a plan that will enable you to work from anywhere in the EU for up to four weeks per year
- Life insurance, income insurance, private healthcare, an annual well-being allowance, and more
- Generous resources committed to your perpetual personal and professional development
- Investment in our community - with paid volunteering days
- Fun and entertainment - with free games, activities, and celebrations
- Generous relocation support - should you need it
READY TO APPLY?
We aim to build the world’s most distinctive and diverse gaming studio; therefore, we strongly encourage you to apply. We’d love to hear about you and your background.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections and Luke Murtagh, our Talent Acquisition Partner who is managing this vacancy:
- Website: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
- TA Partner: https://www.linkedin.com/in/luke-murtagh-recruitment/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Ubisoft.Reflections
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/UbiReflections
- Linkedin Reflections: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ubisoft-reflections
- Linkedin Leamington: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ubisoft-leamington
Narrative Design Team Lead (Last Updated Jan 2023)