Designer - Live Operations (Data)
Founded in 2010, Playdemic is a BAFTA Award-winning developer and publisher of mobile games, focused on creating fun and engaging, free-to-play game services for iOS and Android, including the global smash hit, Golf Clash.
Golf Clash has been entertaining millions of players for over 5 years, and it is our goal to continue providing exciting new features and content to our fans for many more years to come. We are presenting a rare opportunity for a Designer – Live Operations (Data) to join the Golf Clash team and help us to continue to grow and develop our game!
As a Live Operations Designer, you will collaborate and liaise with Production, Designers, Artists, and other live-op content creators to produce designs and input data for our weekly releases.
You will share daily updates with your senior peers and other Live-op team members. Once settled in the role, you will mentor Junior Designers and train them on data management and data entry.
Live Op Content Planning:
- Create and maintain a 12-month live op roadmap with Development Manager & Marketing team.
- Collaborate on theming design with UA/Marketing team and Artists.
- Collaborate on Ball stats planning with the Business Intelligence and Design teams.
Live Op Data Management:
- Weekly Tournament, Bundle, Ball and Season Pass data.
- Checkpoint Challenge data setup and maintenance.
- Golden Shot data setup and maintenance.
- Work with the development teams to fix bugs in the above areas.
- Develop and maintain data setup documentation, including step by step guides, workflow diagrams and examples of data setups.
- Optimisation of Live Ops. Work with the Analytics team to monitor performance and make improvements.
- At least 3 years' experience working in a Game development studio.
- Experience working on a live game with a proven track record of working on Live Operations content delivery and data.
- Prior working experience with game databases and data structures.
- Strong Excel experience, especially in relation to balancing game systems.
- Technical skills and knowledge of game development tools including Confluence and JIRA.
- Strong communication with an ability to communicate and work effectively within a team environment.
- A keen eye for detail to achieve the highest standards of quality.
- Experience supporting games, with a significant user base, through maintenance, new feature deployment and live operations.
- Interest in mobile games, with an understanding of the free-to-play genre.
- An eye for efficiency to improve workflow in the level-design process.