As an UX Designer at Ubisoft Sherbrooke, you will be the glue that binds game design, UI, sound, VFX, and other feedback channels to create a seamless and engaging experience. You’ll make sure content is communicated clearly and navigation flows intuitively, so that players can fully immerse themselves in gameplay.
Throughout the user-centric development process, you focus on the game as a whole while considering the impact of every design choice. As a creative problem-solver, you come up with solutions to prevent any (frustrating) discontinuity in the player experience. You smooth out any unwanted friction that stands between our players and the enjoyment they are – and should always be – having.
What you’ll do
- Partner with ergonomists and the user research team to get a clear picture of player behaviours, goals, motivations, values, needs, etc.
- Develop the overall core gameplay experience (flow, layout, logic, navigation, controls, feedback, etc.).
- Design the onboarding experience to ensure a smooth learning process.
- Build prototypes and wireframes to test concepts, explore opportunities, and look for pain points.
- Collaborate with interdependent teams (audio, art, animation, narrative, game design, level design, etc.) to support game features.
- Work (very) closely with UI artists and game designers to balance usability and functionality with visual appeal.
- Adapt your designs based on play test results and comments from cross-functional teams.
- Stay up to date on interaction design best practices + promote them across the studio.
What you bring
- A college diploma in Game Design, Computation Arts, or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 2 years of experience in UX, game design, level design, or related experience
- Experience with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and prototyping tools (e.g. Axure RP) *
- Understanding of interface & interaction design, information & product architecture, and research techniques
- A highly collaborative, creative, empathetic, and innovative spirit
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- A keen eye for even the subtlest of details + a passion for video games
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- Your portfolio of finished and preliminary work. Attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio!
About Ubisoft Sherbrooke
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is a multidisciplinary team of passionate people. Joining us means being part of a close-knit and welcoming family. It also means working in a human-sized studio where flexibility and interaction are the order of the day. We care about our people and our way of doing things.
Between the magnificent nature that surrounds the studio and the trendy and invigorating life of the Estrie region, there's no need to compromise: family life, the outdoors, restaurants, outings with friends... joining Ubisoft Sherbrooke also means discovering an urban-casual lifestyle!
We're looking for committed creators and forward-looking talents who want to take on challenges as a team.
Interested? We're waiting for you!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.