Dev QA Lead
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Splinter Cell, as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Rayman Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you’ve got the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.
Job Title: Dev QA Lead
**Note** Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
The Dev QA Lead is responsible to lead, develop, manage and motivate a team of development testers and collaborate with other teams on the project.
- Establishing QA processes for the project.
- Training and mentoring other internal QA members.
- Lead and manage a team of development testers.
- Estimate, prioritize, and manage your team's tasks.
- Create and manage the QA KPIs.
- Follow up and evaluate the work of your team.
- Create and maintain test plans and test strategies.
- Test and validate stories and tasks within Sprints.
- Finding and reporting issues according to multiple platforms.
- Coordinating and reviewing feedbacks from playtests.
- Act as a communication link and coordinating between development and QC teams.
- Keep track and report on test coverage progress and product health to various Production Leads
- Ensuring that the bug database is maintained and updated.
- Supporting production teams as required.
- Identifying risks and providing solutions to complex problems.
- Actively work with other team leads and facilitate information flow.
- Manage and forecast the resource needs for the project.
- Sending regular quality tests, feature tests and risk reports to Production Leads.
- Ensuring that the quality of our games remains high.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Quality Control.
- Minimum 1 year of team management experience.
- Understanding of general testing and QA methodologies, process, and terminologies.
- Knowledge of game production process and workflows.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Autonomous and proactive attitude.
- Time-management and organizational skills.
- Problem-solving and open minded.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
Nice to have
- Knowledge on VR devices is plus!
- Knowledge of JIRA, Testrail, Perforce, Xray, Visual Studio and Confluence.
- Knowledge of Game Engines.
- Agile Practices and processes.
- Experience working with gaming platforms (PS5, PS4 / PS4 Pro, Xbox One S / Xbox One X, PC, VR).