Developer Support Engineer
We believe work is better when people are in the same physical space together. At Unity, we offer a hybrid-first approach that fosters the alignment and connectedness we get from being together while retaining the benefits of flexibility. Employees are expected to work from an office on average 3-days a week unless otherwise agreed with the company or specified in their employment contract.
As a Developer Support Engineer, you are a key part of an outstanding 24x7 global support team that provides technical support to ensure our customers' games and their players stay online!
As the main point of contact in keeping some of the most prestigious games operational at all times, you’ll be adept at responding swiftly but articulately to customer requests, solving complicated technical issues on their behalf.
If this sounds exciting to you, and you’re a technical authority with your fingers on the pulse of the latest innovative Hosting, gaming and cloud tech, we want to hear from you!
This will be a 12-month contract position based in our Bengaluru office.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure a detailed understanding and solve users’ needs, responding to customer issues and tickets within contractually committed SLA
- Be comfortable raising issues to relevant technical teams where vital, as well as supporting users and teams at Unity
- Able to connect with third-party vendors to check, maintain or replace hardware as well as help to identify and fix network-related issues
- Work with large game publishers and studios in a one-on-one setting solving issues
- Respond to sophisticated tickets, navigating difficult scenarios that may require you to work across multiple teams.
What we’re looking for
- Experience with hosting/IaaS/cloud products and services in a customer-facing technical support capacity
- Deep experience with Linux and Windows server administration.
- Be comfortable working in shift patterns of work (5 days on, 2 days off); weekend shifts, and working national holidays as part of this role
- Comfortable being part of a regular on-call rotation supporting our customers and internal teams
You might also have
- Experience working in the gaming industry
- Experience with game engines such as Unity
Relocation support is not available for this position.
Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.