Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers within a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP. This is an excellent opportunity for a Development Communications Manager to join our studio in Horsham, based in the heart of Sussex, England.
As the Development Communications Manager, you will use your creative flair to shape complex subject matter into engaging copy, messages, scripts, presentations, and hands-on demos for press and industry contacts worldwide. Working in close partnership with the development team and leveraging the full support of your Brand-Marketing peers, you will identify opportunities and navigate challenges as we work to entertain and engage players for years to come.
As the Development Communications Manager, you will examine game features from all angles, chatting with the designers and playing in-development builds, and you’ll craft honest, thrilling, and nuanced communications around them.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Seek out opportunities to develop and refine how we communicate about our projects by maintaining a constant connection with your development team
- Coordinate with stakeholders across multiple teams to ensure a high level of internal understanding of and engagement in our projects
- Craft a range of clear, creative, and engaging communications materials in support of our titles including press presentations, player support guides, internal FAQs, and scripts
- Draw from a deep understanding of our titles and the wider FPS genre, using your passion for games to inform your work and improve our results
- Facilitate hands-on game access for playtesters, content creators, community members and even our own colleagues from other teams as we source feedback
- Coordination of the assets and materials required to maintain a testing programme including briefs, timelines, and approvals as necessary.
This role offers a great deal of creativity and freedom to a candidate with a deep understanding of the games industry, an insatiable sense of curiosity, and proven experience in bringing teams together for a shared cause. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and strategic thinker who thrives while supporting the success of others.Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience in shaping communications materials within a professional environment
- A positive personal attitude and a natural inclination to connect with others
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to self-manage
- Willingness and availability to travel.
- Education or experience in a relevant field such as PR, marketing, or community
- Experience in client or stakeholder management at a variety of levels
- Knowledge and appreciation of the FPS genre and gaming audience
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and work creatively.
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio (or link to a portfolio) to include examples of your versatility. Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date. We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19. Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*