Capital Games is a world-class mobile game studio, best known for creating the most successful Star Wars game of all time, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. We are game makers first, telling stories through some of the most beloved IP brands in the world and igniting players' imagination and competitive spirit. We believe in a culture of excellence, always driving to be the industry leader in mobile RPG and encouraging a team atmosphere of learning, collaboration, and creativity. Most importantly, we never forget that making games and entertaining our passionate players is fun!
Capital Games is the destination for today's best mobile game makers. Come join us, and create the world's greatest role-playing games.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
As a Development Director, you'll play an important role in the management of a multi-pod, multi-disciplinary feature development team, supporting all aspects of the development process. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and help move the development team from one production phase to the next while ensuring collaboration and communication. You will partner with our product owners and discipline leaders to ensure that releases are completed on time, to quality, and within budget. You will report to the Senior Development Director.
What You'll Do
- Maintain team tasks and scheduling to ensure timely completion of stories in development
- Anticipate and communicate problems and roadblocks to ensure project goals and milestones can be met
- Help with onboarding, tracking, capacity planning, and prioritization of work
- Keep the development team and partners informed of project goals, schedule, status and deliverables
- Manage change requests and advise partners on their effect on project schedule, budget and resourcing
- Oversee project processes. Identify opportunities for improvement, and work with your team to find creative solutions based on current standards in project management and the industry, and implement solutions with the team
- Line Management of team members including helping support professional development, manage performance and supporting well-being
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 3+ years of project management, team leadership experience, and game or software development
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of people from different cultures, countries, time zones, and backgrounds
- Well-organized and proactive
- Deliver risk, trajectory, and progress over time
- Experience working in a creative environment; games and live operations experience
- Familiarity with JIRA ideal
- Manage your time independently and willing to attend occasional meetings with external partners outside regular work hours
- Preference for optimizing and automating workflows and reporting