Development Director I - UFC
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. The EA SPORTS UFC franchise offers the thrilling spectacle and entertainment of MMA for over 20 million players across the globe, delivering fluid and responsive mixed martial arts through cutting-edge gameplay technology.
The EA SPORTS UFC franchise is founded on dedication, passion and innovation. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the EA SPORTS UFC team is on a mission to become the world's greatest fighting game. If you're passionate about building immersive digital entertainment, this is your chance to turn a job into something you love.
What a Development Director does at EA:
A Development Director manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and they play an important role in successfully moving the development team from one project phase to the next while maintaining quality, collaboration and communication. You will partner with producers to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget.
To be considered for this role, you need the following:
- Build and evolve a cohesive team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Develop working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project
- Manage employees across multiple disciplines within a single project team
- Communicate with project team and coordinate considerations with external partners
- Participate in the hiring process to ensure qualified hires are available to meet project requirements
- Provide constructive feedback throughout the year to team members and guide their career development and progression
- Create inclusive environment and quickly address any conflict on the team
- Establish and assign specific tasks from defined project goals and achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level);
- Assess and mitigate risk for assigned scope
- Partner with production to manage scope and quality
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
- Establish a project budget, determine task dependencies, and assign tasks to team resources
- 6 years project management or team leadership experience;
- Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
- Communication across all levels and organizations.
- Experience in project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.