Development Director - Mass Effect QV
BioWare creates games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds. It operates primarily out of Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) and Austin (Texas, USA) creating some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles since 1995. The studio is currently working on future game experiences for the Mass Effect™ franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, and the Dragon Age™ franchise, whose latest entry was the 2014 Game of the Year. We are also working on announced projects Star Wars™ The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game, and Anthem™, a co-operative Action-RPG set in a new and mysterious world.
We are looking for a passionate leader to help us deliver the next great Mass Effect experience. Someone who can establish a collaborative and inclusive team culture. You will lead a diverse group of Quality Verification team members towards the goal of helping to ensure we develop products that delight and excite our players.
Reporting to the head of BioWare QV, you will lead the strategy, relationship management, and development of the Quality Verification team. You will work closely with a multi-discipline team of developers to help ensure we meet our mission of delivering amazing storytelling, through courageous creativity, and achieving as a team.
- Manage a team of experienced Quality Verification individuals, including Quality Designers, Analysts, and Testers
- Drive mentorship and growth of the Quality Verification team
- Work closely with Operations, Data, and Technology teams to collaborate and implement a shared test strategy and vision
- Develop strong relationships with partners across a variety of teams
- Identify opportunities and lead implementation of innovative solutions
- Track and communicate project status, including risks and mitigation plans
What we looking for:
- 5+ years of team leadership experience in a software development environment
- Proven track record of driving initiatives from inception through to completion
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Strong communicator and listener
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, please submit a resume/cover letter and we will get back to you.