Development Director - Sports Tech
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
We are looking for an experienced Development Director who is passionate about both people and technology to join our EA SPORTS Security team.
- You will build and evolve cohesive teams; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- You will develop working relationships with your immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of projects.
- You will establish and assign task goals from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing our team at a project-level (e.g., Franchise-wide level).
- You will establish a project budget, determine task requirements, and assign tasks to team resources.
- You will manage employees across multiple disciplines within a single project team.
- You will improve operational effectiveness of team effort by assessing current practices and incorporating new strategies.
- You will partner with Product Managers and other Development Directors to manage development of committed deliverables while understanding quality, scope, and capacity constraints.
- You will communicate progress, challenges, risks and mitigations, milestones, and achievements to multiple levels of leadership within EA SPORTS with transparency.
- You will create an inclusive environment and quickly address any conflict on the team.
- Education requirement University degree bachelor’s or equivalent professional experience.
- 4+ years management experience.
- Experience in a Scrum/Agile software development environment.
- Experience managing distributed teams is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of software security, fraud, and cheating is a plus