Development Manager - EA SPORTS™ FC 3D Art
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world's biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS™ FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere.
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
This is a 12-month fixed term contract to begin with.
What a Development Manager (DM) does at EA:
A Development Manager manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. DM's are the keepers of the project schedule and help move the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring collaboration and communication. You will report to a Development Director, and partner with Producers and Directors to ensure the project is managed on time, to quality, and within budget.
You Have Experience in the Following:
- Build and evolve team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Develop working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project
- Provide line management to employees across departments within a single project team
- Communicate with project team and coordinate requirements with external partners
- Participate in the hiring process
- Establish and assign task goals from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level);
- Mitigate risk for assigned scope
- Partner with production to manage scope and quality
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
- Establish a project budget, determine task requirements, and assign tasks to team resources
- 3+ years project management or team leadership experience
- Education requirement University degree bachelor's or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Experience managing OS teams is considered an asset