Development Manager - NHL (12 month contract)
EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for millions of players worldwide. We’ve pioneered award-winning creative technology and experiences to connect players to the speed, skill, and heart of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and new ideas. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is composed of diverse talent dedicated to creating on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, this will be more than a job. It’ll be what you love
Reporting to a Development Director, a Development Manager (DM) ensures the game feature delivery is on time and within budget. You will oversee the project schedule and manage the team to achieve a high standard.
- Manage a development team which generally consists of Software Engineers, Animators, Artists, and Designers.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide management escalation, project prioritization, make tradeoffs, balance the needs versus technical constraints, and promote initial partner deployments.
- Focus on the immediate team and identify team issues, and suggest solutions related to execution goals. Identify task-related processes to improve efficiency.
- Ensure each project setup meets the specifications with Studio with regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
- Establish engagement processes to ensure all workflows are clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff are trained in expectations.
- 3+ years of Project Management or Project Lead Experience with production lifecycles, processes and project planning.
- Bachelor's degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Development, Business, 3D Arts.
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment (Jira, Perforce, and Visio)
- Experience working with expansive teams, mediation and conflict resolution.