Development Manager/Development Director - Temporary
Development Director/Development Manager
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology. From our original base in Los Angeles, we now operate from multiple locations throughout North America and beyond.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for an experienced Development Director or Development Manager who is passionate about both process and gaming, to provide daily production leadership to the team(s). You will manage project, feature and resource planning, balance scope with capacity, track progress, implement and improve processes, mentor people, and manage risks, contingencies, and mitigations. You are a master of content pipelines. You understand the iterative nature of creative processes and how to empower them. You are a force multiplier for the team.
You will report to the Line Director, Production for the studio. We are open to both on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
This is a temporary, 12 month contract role.
What skills do we look for?
You are accountable for the day to day facilitating of the team’s tasks, time, and resources. You are also responsible for supporting the team leads and Development Directors by:
- Tracking and communicating progress while striving for transparency.
- Building and maintaining team schedules for the project and milestones.
- Identifying and reporting risks and developing mitigations and contingencies for them.
- Resolving roadblocks for the team to enable them to do their best work.
- Guiding continuous team improvement through retrospectives and motivation.
You are not satisfied with task completion alone, but are an advocate for quality while still caring for and protecting your team.
- Passion about managing a development team which generally consists of Software Engineers, Animators, Artists, Designers, and others.
- 2+ years of experience working as a project/team manager, with management frameworks such as Agile and/or Waterfall.
- 2+ years of experience working in a creative tech environment; AAA game development ideal.
- Experience releasing at least one game/product while in a project/team management role.
- Background in Production, Computer Science, QA leadership, or equivalent.
- Proven effectiveness with project management and development tools such as Jira, Shotgun, Perforce, or similar.
- Tracking and communicating project status, including risks, contingencies, and mitigation plans.
- Identifying task-related processes to improve efficiency.
- Aligning the team to achieve milestone goals on time and at quality.
- Maintaining an environment that encourages creativity and collaboration.