Development Support: Animation
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Toronto is on the lookout for talented individuals who are interested in providing Development Support to our Animation teams. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Oakville, Ontario.
WHAT WE DO
- We assist the global animation team in delivering open-world gameplay mechanics and cinematic sequences.
- We create and maintain comprehensive test plans ensuring all animation assets and tools function correctly.
- We write concise bug reports and provide all relevant supporting information and updates.
- We collaborate closely with various departments to gain a full understanding of all systems and game mechanics.
- Finding, reproducing, and accurately reporting issues in detailed bug reports.
- Carrying out examination, reproductions, and revisions of existing issues.
- Providing clear and concise critical analysis and feedback when requested.
- Participating in a close-knit, friendly atmosphere, sharing ideas, and helping others when required.
- Learning about and adhering to our internal systems, software, and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Game Development/Animation or equivalent experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- The ability to concisely present complex information via bug reports.
- Ability to work productively, collaboratively, and communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development.
- Driven individual who completes high quality work with relative autonomy.
- High level of organization with the ability to keep track of a large number of tasks.
- Ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Familiarity with version control software, such as Git and Perforce.
- Familiarity with 3D software and game engines.
- Deep rooted interest in video games.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Previous QA experience within games.
- Experience with Confluence, and other project tracking and bug database software.
- Ability to work with code and data languages, such as XML, Python, C#.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.